By Kiki Keane
Okay. I’ve never been very good at this blogging thing. I have started a half-dozen and have never posted more than once or twice. I find it…weird. But, here I go…
Good Things That Have Happened This Week:
1) So, I got a job! Yay! Check that off the very, very, very, very long list of what I like to call: “Things That Need to Happen Before We Embark On Our Adventures (or Fall Flat On Faces)!” So excited! Well… Okay. It’s not the job I was hoping for, but it is a job and I am grateful for it. Also, I now feel less like a bum.
2) Rachel also got a job. It’s a part-time holiday job, which we hope will turn into a permanent position.
3) In addition to my new job and all the planning I’m doing for the trip (my brain never stops when it comes to adventuring), I am also in a monthly book club. I have succeeded in reading exactly 10 pages and 5 sentences in this month’s selection. That may seem like no big deal, but considering that this might be one of the worst books ever written, I would say it is a pretty amazing feat, equal to, say, climbing Everest or colonizing Mars.
4) Met some new people and reconnected with some old friends.
5) The following bit from The Big Bang Theory made my week: “Oh no! They sent the wrong Spock! Live long and suck it, Zachary Quinto!” — Sheldon Cooper.
6) Discovered that Murder, She Wrote is on TVLand.
7) Named Rachel’s new puppy (she says she’s not keeping it, but I know better). I call him Riker. As in Will Riker. Because he’s a lady-killer.
Okay. I’m going to stop now. I promise to write better posts in the days to come.